Frequently Asked Questions
While not all of our processes are commercially suited to small production quantities, we will work with you to find a solution that meets your requirements, regardless of the order size.
In order to produce an accurate quote we would first need to work with you to decide on the most suitable process, and investigate the stock tool availability.
Screen printing is solid spot colour, and the final presentation is restricted to the screen mesh. Digital printing is 1440dpi photographic quality, meaning that images, technical diagrams and precise line work can remain crisp. Using our digital printing technology we can surface print onto almost any material, and even reverse print on to clear substrate.
Yes, we can incorporate full colour Litho Offset Printing on your product to deliver the exact look and feel you require.
Each process we offer has its own unique set-up and production lead-times. We will always work with you by reviewing your project’s deadline and ensuring a suitable process is offered for a successful launch.
Diametric is recognised for the quality and service it provides to every customer. We currently hold certificates of registration for both BS EN ISO 9001 & 14001 on our manufacturing facilities, and IATF 16949 & ISO 14001 on our Head Office, both of which are audited by the British Standards Institution (BSI).
We can work with Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel, dxf, dwg, iges files for 3D and high res PDF files.
Yes samples can be created. In some cases there is a small charge depending on the process used, but this is kept to a minimum.
Choosing the correct combination of substrate and adhesive is critical to the performance of the final badge, label or overlay we supply. Once we understand your requirements our experienced team will be able to match exactly the right materials for your perfect result. Below is a very general guide to some of the more commonly used applications:
- Smooth flat surfaces: i.e. ABS, Aluminium, glass (interior applications) – general purpose (GP) adhesive should be suitable.
- Smooth flat surfaces: i.e. ABS, Aluminium, glass (interior/exterior applications) – 3M 467 (or equivalent).
- Textured flat surfaces: i.e. ABS, Aluminium, glass (interior/exterior applications) – 3M 468 (or equivalent).
- Powder coated paints and Polypropylene mouldings: (interior or exterior) – Low Surface Energy (LSE) tapes will be necessary. 3M and Duplomont both provide an excellent range.
- Automotive applications: (interior/exterior badging) – these often require a higher bond and more commonly thicker foam or neoprene tapes may be necessary. Lohman, Avery, 3M and others all offer good products.
- In transit or removable requirements: A wide range of peelable adhesives are available, with varying degrees of tackiness.
A considerable range of finishes are available. When we discuss your requirements we will advise you on the best options for your product. Below is a list of the finishes we offer:
- Chrome and gold plating
- Diamond cut lettering
- Holographic images
- Detailed paint infills
- Pad or Tampo printing
- Roller top
- Vacuum Metalising
- Hot foiling
- Paint infilling
- Rear decoration
- Acid etched
- Machine engraved
- Diamond cut
- Acrylic resin
- Polyurethane lacquers
- Mark Resist (MR) and gloss PVCs
- Velvet, Gloss & Matt polycarbonates
- Fine, matt and gloss polyesters
- Various UV cured textured lacquers